Sticking Up For Myself!

So ever since I was younger I did something I highly regretted. After the whole ordeal it really changed my opinion on some things. Friends are so much more important to me now. I am always so afraid of losing the people important to me. So one of the ways I have always coped with that is by doing what people ask me to do. I listen to their problems even when I know I am just being used as a listening tool. For some reason I was happy with that. I was just simply happy that I was useful and that some people were willing to tell me their problems and entrust them into me. I understand that a lot of people might feel really similar to me. I am learning to stick up for myself when people tell me they don't want to be my friend anymore. I use to think that it was my fault when no one wanted to be around me. I don't want to think like that anymore if someone doesn't want to be around me than that is their loss not mine! Have any of you had any life changing experiences? Maybe I will share some of my life changing experiences with everyone.


"Life is too short to wake up with regrets so love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don't believe. Everything happens for a reason. If you get the chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it nobody said life would be easy. They just promised it would most likely be worth it!"

3 comments:

  1. This experience is all too familiar for me and it sucks. I feel like I hold friendships and people to a higher value than most. It's not a good feeling when people don't treat me in the same way I treat them. It tends make me feel under-appreciated.

    Sometimes it's best to take things at face value and move forward. The most important person in your life is yourself. Do whatever you have to do to make yourself happy. Luckily there are people on our lives that truly do love us, and we need to hold onto those people and appreciate them.

    I'd love to hear more about your life changing experiences.

    "A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow."
    ― William Shakespeare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I believe I came across a quote previously that just because you treat others "better" does not mean that you should expect the same in return. I do feel a little hurt when others do not treat me with the same or similar respect but, I also think that I should not force others to care the same way I do.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.